The Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) methodology for managing technology investments encompasses the entire life cycle – from concept through continuing operations and/or disposal. Using the "Plan-Build-Run" analogy however, most of our efforts over the past several years have centered on the Build portion of the life cycle. With the introduction of our new Investment Management services, GTA is focusing on providing agencies with the support needed during the initiation and planning activities for their initiatives to prevent baking in problems before the project ever gets off the ground.
It all still begins with the Agency Project Request (APR). The APR form and process have been through many revisions over the years, but the primary objectives for submitting an APR have remained constant:
- To notify GTA of new investments in technology (all purchases exceeding $100,000.00 in five-year total cost of ownership),
- To provide information that can be shared across the enterprise and to key stakeholders about new technology needs and strategies in Georgia, and
- To obtain GTA technical and administrative support for planning, procuring, and/or implementing new technologies as appropriate to the individual investment.
In its newest version, the form has been revised to focus on the answers available in the earliest stages of investment decision making. It has been simplified to capture the most basic information describing key business needs and drivers. All of the data requested should be contained in the agency business case (or similar decision document). The APR form can be completed and submitted entirely online. From there it becomes a much more interactive process.
When the form is received, it is distributed to GTA's agency partners (Office of Planning and Budget, Department of Administrative Services) and across GTA divisions to ensure that all appropriate resources are in place to support the agency's planning needs. The business owner will be contacted by a consulting team consisting of the agency Service Delivery Consultant (SDC), the Enterprise Investment Manager and a representative from the GTA Service Management Organization. This team will visit the agency to gather any additional information needed to engage GTA and/or infrastructure service provider experts to assist the agency. From that meeting, the agency will receive an Investment Impact Assessment for its review. The assessment will identify potential impacts at the agency and enterprise levels and provide initial recommendations for next steps.
As our Investment Management program grows, GTA will provide more services to assist agencies with successful technology initiatives.
How To Get Help
- Access the APR form via the following link:
- Need a user ID and password to access the APR form? Contact your GTA Customer Relationship Manager.
- Other questions? Contact your GTA Service Delivery Consultant or the EPMO Investment Manager at 404.292.1094 or EPMO@gta.ga.gov.