State agencies are using technology in more creative ways every year to improve their operating efficiency and provide Georgians with the modern, convenient services they expect. The Georgia Technology Authority is recognizing those efforts with the launch of the GTA Technology Innovation Showcase. The showcase is a forum to share ideas, experiences and lessons learned, and recognize outstanding efforts as we build upon success.
Agencies submitted a variety of projects for recognition in the showcase:
- I-85 Express Lanes Project — State Road and Tollway Authority
- Ready Georgia Preparedness App — Georgia Emergency Management Agency
- Document Management Application — Georgia Department of Insurance
- Georgia Beach Water Quality — Georgia Department of Natural Resources
- TransPi Portal — Georgia Department of Transportation
- Georgia DJJ Mental Health Management of Juveniles Automation — Georgia Department of Juvenile Justice
- Intra-Georgia Registration Sharing System (INGRESS) — Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
- University System of Georgia Learning Management System Selection Task Force — University System of Georgia
- DHS Document Imaging System — Georgia Department of Human Services
- Social Business and Microcredit Forum Website — Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
- Georgia Online Disaster Awareness Geospatial System (GODAWGS) — Georgia Emergency Management Agency
Some of the projects were submitted to the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) for the 2012 State IT Recognition Awards, which will be announced later this year. All projects will be recognized in the State IT Annual Report and at the 2012 Georgia Digital Government Summit.
Selected projects are highlighted on the GTA website.