Registration is now open for the 2015 Georgia Digital Government Summit, an annual event for both IT and business leaders from state and local governments. It will take place September 22 (all day) and September 23 (ends at noon) at the Westin Buckhead, 3391 Peachtree Road, N.E., in Atlanta. The registration fee is $25 for public-sector employees.
To register online, visit the summit website.
The summit provides opportunities to learn and share information about new technologies and trends and their implications for government. The agenda was determined by an advisory board comprised of representatives from state and local government agencies in Georgia.
This year's breakout sessions include:
- Cloud Today — What It Means for the Business of Government
- Leveraging Big Data with Meaningful Analytics
- Data and the Cloud
- Disruptive Technologies — Where Are the Flying Cars?
- Cyber Security — How Do I Know When I'm Doing Enough?
- Taking Mobility from Strategy to Implementation
A special interactive session — Breach! When Bad Things Happen to Good People and Their Organizations — will explore the new "wild west" of cyber criminals and hackers. A panel of experts will engage audience members in a discussion of the lessons learned from real-life cases.
The summit also features fast track sessions:
- Game of Drones — Issues, Challenges and Opportunities
- IT Leadership Qualities in the Years Ahead
- Securing Georgia — Plans, Programs and Progress
Two outstanding keynote speakers will also address the summit:
- Communicating in a Crisis: 30 Years of Work Destroyed in 30 Seconds — Anthony Huey, president of Reputation Management Associates, will discuss the flow of information with the media, stakeholders, bosses, peers and other audiences during a crisis.
- Find Your Voice — Jim Meskimen, a communications coach, will examine the traits and methods used by some of the best communicators in the world.
In addition, state and local government agencies will be recognized for their technology achievements with the presentation of the annual Georgia Technology Innovation Showcase awards, and leading technology companies will exhibit their latest products and services.