Submissions are now being accepted for the 2017 Georgia Technology Innovation Showcase. For the sixth consecutive year, the Georgia Technology Authority is sponsoring the showcase to recognize state and local government agencies for their innovative use of technology and to serve as a forum for sharing ideas, experiences, and lessons learned.
The deadline for submissions is March 10, 2017.
GTA is looking for projects in the following 10 categories that were initiated no earlier than January 1, 2015, and completed by December 31, 2016:
- Cross-boundary Collaboration and Partnerships
- Digital Government – Government to Business
- Digital Government – Government to Citizen
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Emerging and Innovative Technologies
- Enterprise IT Management Initiatives
- Improving State or Local Government Operations
- Information Communications Technology Innovations
- Open Government and Data, Information, and Knowledge Management
Agencies may submit as many projects in as many categories as they would like. Before deciding on a category for a project, anyone submitting a project may want to read the category descriptions.
The online submission form asks for details about the project, including the level of innovation in addressing a specific business problem and the significance of the project to improving operating efficiency, saving money, and enhancing service delivery.
Projects selected for the 2017 showcase by the evaluation panel will be honored at the Georgia Digital Government Summit in Atlanta. In addition, showcase honorees will be included in the state of Georgia’s Annual State IT Report, and they will be considered for submission to the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) for its 2017 State IT Recognition Awards, the Technology Association of Georgia for its Excalibur Awards, and others.
Questions? Contact GTA at firstname.lastname@example.org.