Georgia Cybersecurity Workforce Academy
The GTA Cybersecurity Workforce Academy continued to move ahead in promoting cybersecurity awareness in FY 2018. The academy graduated its first class on May 22, 2018. The class was comprised of information security officers and other cybersecurity professionals from state agencies, and they received their official State Certificate of Completion during a ceremony at the Georgia Technology Authority.
The attendees successfully completed 11 courses:
- Introduction and Basic Cybersecurity
- Roles and Responsibilities of an Information Security Officer in the Public Sector
- Building a Cybersecurity Program in the Public Sector
- Cybersecurity and IT Strategic Planning
- Cybersecurity Policy Management
- Cyber Incident Management
- IT and Information Security Risk Management
- Security Awareness, Training, Education, and Professional Development
- Continuity of Operations Planning Cyber Resilience
- IT and Cybersecurity Leadership
- Cybersecurity Maturity – Program
The GTA Cybersecurity Workforce Academy teamed up with the Georgia Cyber Center Academy in offering Certified Information Systems Security Officer training November 5-9, 2018.
GTA’s academy is updating the courses listed above for FY 2019 and adding hands-on workshops to reinforce learning. An Introduction to Cyber Attack and Defense course will also be held.