Certified copies from Georgia's Office of Vital Records
Constituents may order only certified copies, not original certificates, through the Request Official Vital Event Records (ROVER) service.
The non-refundable fees for an official copy of a birth/death certificate are per certificate:
- $25 search fee
- $8 processing fee
- $5 each additional copy
- All orders are shipped directly from Georgia’s DPH Office of Vital Records
- Most orders ship within 4 to 6 weeks
Expedited Processing and Shipping
- An additional $10 per order
- Processing and shipping may take up to 5 business days
- Shipped via UPS Ground and cannot be delivered to international addresses, PO boxes, Army Post Office (APO) or Fleet Post Office (FPO)
You must provide a copy of valid proof of identification before we can fulfill the order, so have your ID ready to upload when you place your order.
Birth certificates can be ordered by registrant (person named on certificate), legal spouse, adult child, adult sibling, parent, grandparent, legal guardian, or legal representative.
Death certificates can be ordered by legal spouse, adult child, adult sibling, parent, grandparent, grandchild, and those with a “tangible interest,” such as a beneficiary or insurance company. Members of the public may order the death record of anyone who has died in Georgia and will receive a plain paper copy of the record with the Social Security number redacted.
Born in a state other than Georgia?
To obtain contact information for vital records in other states, visit the CDC website.