How to Use Unified Messaging
How do I register to use UM?
(Registration is required for all first time users. Registration of your mailbox sets up your mailbox access as well as your mailbox option, including notification of messages toyour email.)
Register your account at www.gavoicemail.com – Click on the ‘Register Account’ bar and designate a Login ID, Web Password and PIN, and record these in a place you will remember. This will enable you to access your messages by phone and the GA Voicemail website.
How do I log in to UM online? (note that logging in is not necessary to check phone messages; user can still check messages on phone too)
Incorrect login ID or Password – Go to www.gavoicemail.com and click ‘forgot login info’ below the Member Login. Enter your phone number and email address to have the information sent to your email address.
-OR- call your UM Admin or Telecom Coordinator; they will be able to reset after all conversions.
Session Expired - Change your internet browser settings.
Open your browser and then select Tools/Internet Options.
ii. Delete your cookies and temporary internet files.
iii. Then click on the Privacy tab, and then hit the Advanced button. You should have ‘Accept’ selected for both First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies.
iv. Then click on Security and click once on Trusted Sites. Enter https://www.gavoicemail.com , click add and then OK.
v. If this doesn't work, you may have to turn off your ad blocking software (try to access the site before you complete this step).
How do I log in via phone?
- Dial your voicemail access number (you receive this number during registration or it is visible on top right when you login at www.gavoicemail.com). Follow the prompts. You may be required to enter your desk phone number, followed by # (pound sign) if the system does not recognize the phone number you are calling from.
- Enter your phone PIN, followed by #. (If you entered your desk phone number - you must press the star key when the current greeting begins to play.)
If you can't remember your PIN:
- Log into your account at www.gavoicemail.com
- Click Options, choose Phone PIN from the Options column.
- Enter your website password, and enter the new PIN. Enter it again to confirm.
- Click Save.
You can also call your UM Admin or Telecom Coordinator, who can reset your PIN.
I am having trouble viewing faxes online. Do I need to install Java?
Please try the following things to correct the problem:
- First, change your internet browser settings. Open up your browser and then select Tools/Internet Options. Under the General tab, delete your cookies and temporary Internet files. Then click on the Privacy tab, and then hit the Advanced button. You should have Accept selected for both First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies.
- If this does not resolve your problem, you may need to install Java on your computer. Go to http://www.java.com, and then click on Free Download Java Software for your computer. Follow instructions to install Java on your computer. Once that is complete, you should be able to view your fax.
In addition, you can always forward that fax to your email and open up the attachment as a tiff file until the computer setting changes are complete.
How do I set Message Forwarding/Message Notification?
- Log into your account online.
- Click Options. Choose the option you would like to set from the options column.
- Be sure to click Save after changes have been made.
You can also call your UM Admin or Telecom Coordinator.
How do I create a greeting?
- Dial your Voicemail access number.
- Follow the prompts. You may be required to enter your desk phone number, followed by # if the system does not recognize the phone number you are calling from.
- Enter your phone PIN, followed by #. (If you entered your desk phone number-- you must press the star key when the current greeting begins to play.
- Select 7 for Administrative Options and follow voice prompts.
- Press 1 to change greeting or recorded name.
- Press 1 to change your greeting
- Select option 1, the Default greeting, to personalize your voicemail greeting.
- Follow the prompts to record your greeting.
- Be sure to press # when you are finished speaking.
I don’t have a PIN.
Enter 1234 on the first page of the registration. You will then add the Pin you would like to use with the new UM system on the Profile page.
The system says that I am not authorized.
Fill in the contact information requested. UA will take that information and follow up.
I get an error message saying that authorization is pending
If you experience problems registering, the system will automatically generate a message in the background that will prompt the configuring of your number for registration. Please wait 2 business days and try registering again.
The roll-over line in our office is saying ‘not in service' when voicemail picks up.
Mapping is used with mailboxes that are required to accept messages from another phone line that does not have a voicemail box. This is mostly seen with main lines that have multiple lines rolling to one phone and/or mailbox.
Contact your agency telecom coordinator to verify the forwarding on the line. If the phone line has other lines that roll-over to the mailbox, verify if these are working; also make note of these numbers so they can be mapped to the main mailbox.
I have no audio on the gavoicemail.com website.
To listen to your messages online you will need to make sure you have the most recent update of Windows Media Player. To get the most recent update, go to your Start menu and open up Windows Media Player. Once the player is open, click on "Help" and then "Check for Player Updates."
Once you have updated your player, make sure that all of your file types are selected in Windows Media Player. To do that, open Windows Media Player, go to Tools/Options/File Types, select all of the file types and press OK.
How do I forward a message to another person?
While in GA Voicemail online, open the message. Click ‘forward’ and send message via email.
How do I use the operator feature?
Enter the number in the Operator Option in your online account. When a caller presses '0' the call will ring that number. If the person at that line does not answer, the call will remain in your mailbox for voicemail..
When the call is transferred to the operator and the operator picks up, they will hear a prompt to "press 1 to accept the call or press 2 to send the call to voicemail". They must press 1 to answer the call.
Will I get a light or stutter dial-tone when I have a message?
No. UM will notify you via email or wireless device. These features are set in your account options when logged into your GA Voicemail mailbox online.
What happens if I don't register?
If you don't register, your voice mail messages will continue going to your phone number but you will be unable to access them. You will also not receive notification of any waiting voicemails. Notification is via email. Though the voicemails will be in the UM system, you will not receive the email notification if you do not register and designate an e-mail address.