Request for 2013 Submissions:
Recognizing IT Excellence in Georgia
For the second year, the Georgia Technology Authority is sponsoring the Technology Innovation Showcase. Government continues to use technology in more innovative ways to improve operating efficiency, stretch limited tax dollars and provide Georgians with convenient access to services and information. The Showcase is a forum for recognizing outstanding efforts at the state and local levels and sharing ideas, experiences and lessons learned.
Awards were presented to 12 projects in 2012 during a special recognition event at the Georgia Digital Government Summit. In addition, last year's I-85 Express Lanes project from the State Road and Tollway Authority received an award from the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO). Learn about all 2012 Showcase projects.
Projects for 2013 will once again be considered for recognition at the Georgia Digital Government Summit, in Georgia's State IT Annual Report and on GTA's website, and for submission to NASCIO's 2013 State IT Recognition Awards.
The deadline to nominate projects for the 2013 Showcase was April 1, 2013, and those selected will be announced in May. The Showcase will spotlight projects in the following categories that were completed by December 1, 2012, and initiated no earlier than December 1, 2010.
- Cross-boundary Collaboration and Partnerships
- Data, Information and Knowledge Management
- Digital Government - Government to Business
- Digital Government - Government to Citizen
- Enterprise IT Management Initiatives
- Improving State or Local Government Operations
- Information Communications Technology Innovations
- Open Government Initiatives
- Cyber Security Initiatives
If you have questions about the Showcase, please contact GTA at email@example.com.