For the fifth consecutive year, the Georgia Technology Authority is sponsoring the Technology Innovation Showcase to recognize state and local government agencies for their innovative use of technology and to serve as a forum for sharing ideas, experiences and lessons learned.
The deadline for submissions was March 18, 2016. GTA sought projects in the following categories that were initiated no earlier than January 1, 2014, and completed by December 31, 2015:
- Cross-boundary Collaboration and Partnerships
- Data, Information and Knowledge Management
- Digital Government – Government to Business
- Digital Government – Government to Citizen
- Enterprise IT Management Initiatives
- Improving State or Local Government Operations
- Information Communications Technology Innovations
- Open Government Initiatives
- Cyber Security Initiatives
The evaluation panel focuses on the level of innovation in addressing a specific business problem and the significance of the project to improving operating efficiency, saving money and enhancing service delivery.
Projects selected for the 2016 Showcase will be honored at the Georgia Digital Government Summit in Atlanta. Last year, Showcase awards were presented to 11 projects from six state and local agencies during a special recognition event at the Summit. In addition, projects will be considered for submission to the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) for its 2016 State IT Recognition Awards, the Technology Association of Georgia for its Excalibur Awards, and others. We will also consider honorees for inclusion in the state of Georgia's Annual State IT Report.
Questions? Contact GTA at email@example.com.