For the sixth consecutive year, state and local government agencies were encouraged to submit projects for the Georgia Technology Innovation Showcase. The deadline for this year's submissions was March 10, 2017. GTA sponsors the showcase as a way to recognize agencies for their achievements in the use of technology to operate more efficiently and better serve their constituents. It's also an opportunity to share ideas, experiences, and lessons learned.
Projects selected for the 2017 showcase by the independent evaluation panel will be honored at the Georgia Digital Government Summit on October 30 in Atlanta. In addition, showcase honorees will be included in the state of Georgia’s Annual State IT Report, and they will be considered for submission to the National Association of State Chief Information Officers (NASCIO) for its 2017 State IT Recognition Awards, the Technology Association of Georgia’s Excalibur Awards, and others.
GTA solicited projects in the following 10 categories that were initiated no earlier than January 1, 2015, and completed by December 31, 2016:
- Cross-boundary Collaboration and Partnerships
- Digital Government ‒ Government to Business
- Digital Government ‒ Government to Citizen
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity
- Emerging and Innovative Technologies
- Enterprise IT Management Initiatives
- Improving State or Local Government Operations
- Information Communications Technology Innovations
- Open Government and Data, Information, and Knowledge Management
Projects are evaluated on such criteria as the level of innovation in addressing a specific business problem and the significance of the project to improving operating efficiency, saving money, and enhancing service delivery.