Technology Innovation Showcase
For the 11th consecutive year, GTA is sponsoring the Technology Innovation Showcase, which helps state and local agencies in Georgia learn about IT projects in other agencies that are changing the way government does business. The showcase recognizes innovative uses of technology that enable agencies to better meet constituent expectations for services and information, improve operating efficiency, and conserve tax dollars.
Nominations are due on March 25, 2022.
Agencies may submit as many projects in as many categories as they'd like. Before deciding on a category for a project, you may want to read our category descriptions. Here are the categories for the 2022 showcase:
- Business process innovations
- Cross-boundary collaboration and partnerships
- Data management, analytics, and visualization
- Digital services: Government to business
- Digital services: Government to citizen
- Emerging and innovative technologies
- Enterprise IT management initiatives
- Open to Georgia state and local government agencies
- Projects must have been fully implemented within the past two years
- Multi-agency projects are encouraged
- Only one agency should submit, but all involved will be recognized
- Projects previously honored in the showcase may not be resubmitted
- Nominations may reference private-sector partners
- But should not include company or product names in the title of the submission
Submitting your project
Use our easy to follow online submission form to tell us about your project. The form asks for details about the project, including the problem or opportunity that the project addresses and why it matters.
Review and judging process
- Nominations are scored by a volunteer panel
- An agency can be recognized as an honoree in no more than two categories a year
Get the kudos your agency deserves
IT teams work hard and receiving recognition from colleagues of a "job well done" is meaningful.
Elevate the field of government IT
Promote awareness of transformative, results-oriented projects and shatter the stereotype of overbudget and behind schedule.
Showcase success to leadership
Nominations articulate what you did and why it mattered; leverage writeups with key stakeholders within your agency.
Share your ideas beyond your agency
Projects selected for the 2022 showcase will be honored at the Georgia Digital Government Summit in the fall. Showcase honorees will also be highlighted in Georgia's Annual State IT Report, and they will be considered for submission to the National Association of State CIOs (NASCIO) State IT Recognition Awards.